Many issues you may encounter on hi5 can be traced to a web browser incompatibility or outdated software installed on your system, most notably Adobe's Flash player.
If you are encountering any display issues or problems with a particular feature on hi5, a good first step is to try using a different web browser. Make sure you have recently cleared your browser cache, and ensure you have an updated version of Adobe Flash installed on your system.
- Download and install the latest version of Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome to view hi5.
- Be sure you have downloaded and installed the latest version of Adobe Flash Player, available for free from Adobe.
Complete installation instructions for Flash can be found towards the bottom of this FAQ.
There are a number of known issues surrounding Microsoft's Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) and Flash Content. We suggest using a different browser than IE for best performance.
Safari, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome are some good examples.
1. Disable Background applications in Windows
As a general rule when having a problem, please be sure to disable any applications running in the background, these applications may slow performance on hi5 or cause other issues. The more things going on or running in the background on your computer, the greater the chance for a conflict or problem.
To temporarily disable background applications in Windows:
- Hit CTRL+ALT+DEL on your keyboard
- Access the Windows Task Manager
- Click the 'Applications' Tab
- Select individual applications that are running, but that you don't currently need
- Select 'End Task'
2. Clear your browser’s cache.
If you notice that your game is having difficulties loading or responding slowly to your actions it may be because your system cache is full (the cache is where your computer stores information needed to display websites).
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click Tools at the top
- Scroll down and select Internet Options
- Click Delete under Browsing History
- At the bottom, click Delete All. Then click Yes
- Close Internet Explorer entirely and re-launch
- Open Firefox
- Click Tools at the top of the page
- Select Clear Private Data
- Click the Clear Private Data Now button
- Then, close Firefox 7 and re-launch
- From the Safari menu, click Empty Cache
- When asked: “Are you sure you want to empty the cache?” click Empty
- From the Safari menu, click Preferences.
- From the Security dialog box, click Bookmarks
- Click Show Cookies
- From the Cookie dialog box, click Remove All
- Click Done
- Open Chrome
- Click the 'Wrench' in the top right
- Select 'Tools'
- Select 'Clear Browsing Data'
3. Disabling Popup or Ad-blocking software
4. Reduce the number of open internet applications
If you are running programs in the back of your browser please be sure to close them out. This will better your hi5 experience.
5. Flash Settings
Please set Adobe Manager settings to (Allow third-party Flash content to store data on your computer) or (Allow sites to save information on this computer). If this option is un-checked hi5 games may have difficulty loading correctly.
- Windows: click Start > Settings > Control Panel > Flash Player
- Macintosh: System Preferences (under Other) click Flash Player
More detailed instructions can be found on Adobe's web site.
- Open the Tools menu.
- Select Internet Options, to open the Internet Options dialog box.
- Click the Security tab.
- Click the Internet symbol (a globe).
- Click the Custom Level button, to open the Security Settings dialog box.
- In the Settings list, scroll down to Scripting.
- Under Active Scripting, click the radio button to the left of Enable
- Select Options from the Tools menu
- Click Content
- Click OK
- Refresh/reload your browser window
- From the Gears Icon at the top right of your browser select the Preferences option
- Select the Security tab
- Close the Preferences window.
- Refresh/reload your browser window
7. Plug In
Even the best of wireless connections will be slightly more susceptible to miscommunicating with our servers. If you are playing wirelessly please plug in if possible and see if you see a performance increase.
8. Uninstall/Reinstall Adobe Flash Player
Adobe's Flash is essential to certain games and other features on hi5. An outdated version or a damaged or corrupted installation of Flash can lead to numerous issues. Follow the instructions on Adobe's web site for the correct removal and installation of Flash.
- Uninstall All Flash Components
- Download and Run: Flash Uninstaller
- Reboot your System
- This will clear out any left over .ocx files.
- Remove Insecure Flash Elements
- Download and Run: Secunia PSI
- Remove the Adobe Download Manager
- From your control panel select “Add/Remove Programs” (XP) or “Programs and Features” (VISTA) or "Control Panel">"Programs">"Programs and Features" and check for Adobe Download Manager. If it is present click it once to select it and then click “remove".
Download and install: Adobe Flash Player
9. Uninstall/Reinstall Java Runtime Environment (JRE)
The Java Runtime Environment (JRE) is a common component in internet browsing as well as playing games. However, when the JRE updates it does not always remove older components.
Over time this can have an effect on your systems performance and ability to load games or other web pages.
It is good practice and good for your system to clean up after the JRE from time to time by uninstalling and reinstalling the application.
- To uninstall the Java Runtime Environment (JRE):
- Close any open programs you may have running, especially your web browser.
- Click Start > Control Panel or Start > Settings > Control Panel (depending on your configuration).
- Double click on the Add/Remove Programs control panel icon.
- Locate the entry for the Java Runtime Environment (or any Java entry), click on it and
- Then click on the Remove button.Verify that Java have been removed.
- Re-boot your computer
- To re-install the Java Runtime Environment (JRE):
- Open your internet browser and go to JAVA.
- Click the Free Download button.
- The installer should begin automatically. If it does not then select the manual download link and install the package from your desktop.
- Follow the prompts, agree to the license and select the typical install.
- Re-boot your computer.